Fat fast – may be a way to jump start ketosis.
So, what exactly is a fat fast? It’s eating between 1000 and 1200 calories a day, where between 80% and 90% of your calories come from fat, and fat alone. You break these 1000-1200 calories into 4 or 5 meals a day, eating in blocks of 200-250 calories per meal.
It is normally done for 2-4 days, but is never recommended to go for more than 5 days.
Here are some options for single meals:
- 1 Oz. Macadamia Nuts
- Macadamia Nut Butter with 2 Oz. Cream Cheese
- 1 Oz. Chicken with 2 Tbsp. Mayonnaise
- 2 Egg Yolks with 1 Tbsp. Mayonnaise
- 1 Cup Coffee with ¼ Cup Heavy Cream
- 4 Slices bacon (be careful with this, as it dwindles under 80% calories from fat)
- ¼ Cup Heavy Cream whipped with Da Vinci Flavored Syrup
- 2 Oz. Sour Cream with ½ Cup Cucumber
- ½ Serving of Sugar-free Jell-O with ½ Cup Whipped Cream
More info on ketogenic diet and how it impacts your body: http://www.diagnosisdiet.com/ketogenic-diets-for-cancer-and-beyond/