1. Warning: Fed Is Sitting On “Ticking Time Bomb”
2. Why Banks Hold Excess Reserves at the Fed
3. Back to the “Ticking Time Bomb” at the Fed
4. Question: Is the Fed Paying Banks Not to Lend?
5. Dinesh D’Souza to Prison, Jon Corzine Goes Scot-Free
This post contains an excellent explanation describing the difference between REQUIRED reserves and EXCESS reserves. I have read a lot of articles that confuse the two and claim that money at the Fed cannot cause inflation. This is just not true as detailed in the article above.
I would also note that it’s easy to see where a lot of the newly printed money currently is residing. Also note that the rest of the newly printed money is sitting around as well: http://www.investing.com/analysis/the-velocity-of-money-in-the-u.s.-falls-to-an-all-time-record-low-214607